|Posted on November 20th, 2012
Lately I've been having issues with Kolourpaint getting finicky over opening or saving files along with other misbehavior. This afternoon I figured out the main cause: somehow, using a custom palette is causing something to go wrong in the guts of the KDE system. This could be a memory leak on the part of the editor itself or something more serious in the kio system. Either way, using a custom palette brings trouble.
Thus instead of spending my day working on PonAI, I spent it authoring a tool to convert images drawn using Kolorpaint's default palette to the CGA palette.
During the evening I focused more on Dead Space, but enough had already been worked on for one day I think.
The link for the day is a little short about two engineers in a game of one-upmanship.